Tuesday 5 March 2013

Interview questions

Good people ask good questions. 

What would I ask someone in an interview? I am being asked a lot recently what I would ask in an onterview.....I conducted lots of interviews in corporate days and these would have been great ones for me to ask a candidate:

1. Imagine we would hire you. If we would be celebrating something in one year from now: What would it be? - Great one to determine whether the applicant is a perosn that knows how to blend in, where they focus on, if they undestand what the company is all about....

2. If I would hire you right from the spot. The job and the salary would be exactly how you expect them to be. What would another company have to offer you to ditch me? - A great one for playing the devils advocate. Love it in order to determine if they can be bought....I read it some time ago and it stuck to my head.

3. What was the thing you did not like to do or about your last company? - That is a difficult one, because you are asking directly to ditch someone else. I love it, its such a nasty thing to ask, but tells you if the person is straightforward or not. Additionally to this you get to see how the person deals with stress and ambiguity.

4. Tell me a situation in which you tried to achieve something you badly wanted and explain why you failed. A great one in order to determine if the applicant is able to admit and to deal with failure. We fail all the time. Few people take this as a lesson in life and deal with it....

5. How would you react if I told you that I am actually not the guy who was supposed to interview you. I sneaked in and wanted to chat a little. I never did that befor, but it was fun. Thanks! - To see how the candidate switches between serious and casual behavior. Getting upset or changing the behaviour towards me would be a clear indicator for some serious ass-licking genes....

Cheers M

No comments:

Post a Comment