Saturday 9 March 2013

The Crowd is wrong

You know what I think is absolutely wrong about the existing crowdsourcing place on the net?

Look at the infograph and you will realize that the social component not really contributes what is could potentiall contribute....simple making contacts and spreading the word. What a nice little dream.



I realize more and more that the crowd is going to be a breakshoe for further development of an idea and for sure for a startup that is planning an exit strategy some day in the future. Crowdsourcing is a great tool for raising some money in the first place. However,a big chunk of the value it could provide is being neglected.

The easiest thing a crowd can provide is money and contacts. The quality of the contacts or network is never being questioned. I believe that the model will prove to be wrong from a professional standpoint within some years. I am talking about adding value as a crowd, not a bunch of kids spending 5 bucks based on some gut feeling... do they actually understand a biz halfway? What about valueing a startup? 2.Million valuations all over the place. Where is the reason for that amount? Call me arrogant, but there is no selection process involved and this attracts stupid money. Very stupid money. That drives me nuts. I want smart money and now I know how to manage that.....Think about  it.

I believe crowdfunding has gone into the wrong direction. Simply because it is crowd driven....what the masses want, the masses get. Its not about the startup any more, its about the platforms trying to raise money. Thats why many pigs are being dressed up like little ladies.

I will test an idea i had some hours ago and let you know when time is right.

Cheers M


No comments:

Post a Comment